Our mission is to take advantage of the teachable moments that happen every day by fostering the intellectual, creative, social, emotional, and physical growth and development of our students and to inspire a lifelong commitment to learning. We are a caring, cooperative school environment that promotes cultural values and supports positive relationships and respectful interaction.
We will provide an environment that allows your child to learn by doing-moving from concrete, hands-on experiences to concept development. Our priority is to provide a healthy balanced of child-directed and teacher-guided activities, as well as time for children to work individually, in small groups and in large groups.
We believe that a stable, safe, healthy, comfortable, and culturally-relevant environment is crucial to your child’s growth. A play-based approach provides a child-centered curriculum directed by teachers in which children are encouraged to construct their own knowledge.
We believe that our program reflects the needs and goals of children and families. We look forward to working closely with families which will provide an integrated, comprehensive approach to learning.
We inspire curiosity, independence, and artistic expression with our monthly presentation and activities performed by the children in front of the parents and a life-long love of learning to help our children become contributing members of our community and the world.
- To provide a wide variety of age appropriate activities, within a routine, that draw from the curriculum areas of art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, large muscle, practical life, social studies, dramatic play, language arts, and manipulative activities.
- To provide a nurturing, flexible, and calm atmosphere where physical affection is freely given, self-concept is enhanced, independence is encouraged and expectations are made clear.
- To develop staff potential through proper supervision by making expectations clear, following through to see that expectations are met, and utilizing staff input and their abilities.
- To be supportive of parents by encouraging involvement and open and honest communication, while maintaining tact and discretion.
- To establish room awareness among staff so that a safe environment is always present, both indoors and out.
- To meet each child’s physical needs while setting the stage for future independence in self-care.
- To provide ample opportunity for the use of large motor skills and outdoor activity.
- To provide an atmosphere where the foundations of respect for others is established.
- To encourage social development though cooperative play.
- To establish respect for the equipment and materials.
- To establish an observation system in which notes on children are kept.
Letter from Director
My name is Isabel Garcia, I have more than 15 years of experience working with children and families very closely as a teacher and also as a counselor working together helping communities and parents with their child’s education.
As part of the Kids Steps Academy team and excellent project I can assure you that safety, care and education for your children is my priority, my main goal as a director is keep children and parents in a happy and safe environment with all the necessary support your children’s goals before entering kindergarten.
At Kids Steps Academy Preschool I feel that I have found a family, all the teachers and administration staff are always working together to make our preschool a second home for your children. At Kids Steps Academy Preschool you will find the best place for your child, I can assure you from the bottom of my heart that I would do my best to keep your children learning in a safe and comfortable environment.
Thank you in advanced for trusting us with the education and care of your children.
“A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind and touches a heart “
“Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another. “
Preschool Director & Program Coordinator